- To be eligible to apply as a RYLA Mentor:
- We recommend being an active Rotoractor or Rotorian or have experience in at least one of the Rotary Youth Service programs.
- Graduated from high school and 18 years of age or older.
- General duties include:
- Assist high school counselors, as needed, with group facilitation, activities, and other tasks the counselor may need assistance with.
There are two required events that mentors must attend:
- Staff training
- Saturday, September 25 (10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- RYLA Camp--Friday, October 8-Monday, October 11. Please arrive by at least 1 pm on Friday.
- Application instructions:
- Application deadline is midnight, August 30
- Please complete background check form
- You should receive an email copy of your completed application. Please save this for possible future reference.
- You will be contacted by email shortly after the completion of your application with further mentor information.
- Please check your email regularly and reply in a timely manner – majority of communications related to the RYLA are done by email.
- Further roles, responsibilities, and tasks will be notified via email.
- Please contact John Wintersteen, cell (602) 390-3124 and email email@example.com, if you have questions.